We have a position open for a 6 - 12 month contract to hire for a Python - Ansible - DevOps Automation Developer for an Infrastructure as Co...
We have a position open for a 6 - 12 month contract to hire for a Python - Ansible - DevOps Automation Developer for an Infrastructure as Code. developer for DevOps Automation in an Infrastructure group. The is position located in Tampa, FL, Fairport NY, or Sacramento area. Open for nationwide for the right candidate.T This position is doing IaC for DevOps for an environment of 11,000 Windows Servers. This is cutting edge data center automation development for a Fortune 40, $110Billion corporation. The work is remote until going back on-site at some point next year. Candidates should sit in one of the locations listed above.
Required skills are:
- Python is preferred but could have Powershell. Must have STRONG background writing automation code
- Ansible. Or another Automation tool like Chef or Puppet.
- Experience with Servers - Windows or Linux. Server experience is a must
The automation developer will join an Windows Infrastructure Engineering/DevOps team to do DevOps and Automation to support 11,000 servers. The team is supporting a fortune 40 company that is building a cutting edge "Services on Demand" platform that will take a DevOps approach for automation and robotics for server builds utilizing Ansible, Chef, SCCM etc. New tools are being evaluated for the team. The developer will be part of a team developing API's to pull tickets from ServiceNow and put them into an application developed in the Jenga framework. The developer will also create automation to take manual task from ServiceNow that can be automated. The developer should have an understanding in Infrastructure Server environment.
Core technical requirements
- Management of Windows Servers in a large enterprise environment (Virtualization, AD, DNS, DHCP, etc)
- Experience working with programming/scripting Languages such as Powershell
- Great communication skills and the ability to coordinate/collaborate with multiple IT teams within a large Infrastructure
- Familiarity with Orchestration technologies such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SCORCH, etc.
- Patching and application deployment via automated tools such as SCCM, Tanium, Ansible
- Server builds using automated processes
- 2+ years of related experience. Healthcare experience a plus.
Bonus technical skillsets
- Python Coding for infrastructure automation (LAMP Stack, API's, DB's, etc)
- Experience in Containerization technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Working on projects within an Agile/Scrum team
- Working on a DevOps team, Infrastructure as Code or similar
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Provide operational and technical support to ensure the ongoing stability to the server environments.
- Contribute to the IT infrastructure design and leading in server implementations.
- Contribute in the technical support of the server environment and the applications residing on these servers
- Audit system resources and take action as deemed necessary by the Senior/Lead Systems Engineer's
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Responsible for schedule, test, and implement enhancements or new releases of the server Operating Systems
- Work with senior/lead system engineers to solve complex issues
- Work with senior/lead system engineers to understand and implement IT infrastructure designs and rollouts
- provided by Dice