KVH is creating a business architecture that will enable our company to scale and automate our satellite telecom and manufacturing operation...
KVH is creating a business architecture that will enable our company to scale and automate our satellite telecom and manufacturing operations around the globe. We're seeking software developers with both the ability to help design that architecture, and to build/test/integrate the services and APIs as we build it out. You'll be helping to drive our migration from traditional server-based systems to data-centric architectures. You'll be designing and building a Business Support System (BSS) middleware layers to automate event-driven and scheduled interactions triggered by customers, devices and systems across our networks. You'll need a powerful set of tools, including the ability to work directly with business stakeholders and fellow engineers to translate business needs to technical requirements; a dedication of quality, security, and maintainability throughout the design/development/implementation process; superb software-engineering skills, sometimes on an Agile team, sometimes working independently, but always well-organized; an appreciation of - and ability to create - well-architected, self-documenting APIs and systems; a willingness to roll-up sleeves for hands-on DevOps work when required.
Most importantly, developing software at KVH offers the best of both worlds: the opportunity to work on one of the leading global satellite telecom networks at truly global scale, and a small team environment where your creativity, ideas and feedback are encouraged and valued, and where you can make a real impact.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent experience
- 2+ years developing SOAP, RESTful web services
- 2+ years working experience with agile project development
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Industry experience in architecting, implementing and operating scalable distributed software systems
- Solid experience with relational databases like SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle
- Solid experience with source/version control platforms (GIT, Subversion)
- Solid experience in building API gateways and data pipelines
- Working knowledge with relational and distributed database systems
- Working knowledge with AWS technologies and real-time decisioning / edge processing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in cloud environment and cloud computing
- A passion for learning and implementing computing technologies
- Experience with Spark / Spark-SQL / Spark Streaming
- Working knowledge with continuous integration technologies (Jenkins)
- Working knowledge with application containers (Dockers)
- Experience building and scaling out real time financial transaction-based streaming and batch processing for Business Support Systems to communicate
- Experience influencing professional software engineering practices and best practices for building and supporting great software services
- Experience designing and implementing continuous delivery database pipelines that serve the purpose of provisioning non-prod and production environments
- Experience designing a highly scalable and accurate data store that can be used to create analytics across the company by power individuals
- Passion for working across other Agile teams to solve problems, provide feedback, and gather information.
- Ability to develop state-of-the-art cloud solutions for scalability, reliability, security, and performance
- Ability to self-manage, show leadership, and communicate well
KVH offers a full suite of benefits to include generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible/health spending account, employee stock purchase program, and retirement plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. KVH also conducts background checks and drug screening after acceptance of an offer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled