Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Python Application Developer for a Contract assignment with one of our premi...
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Python Application Developer for a Contract assignment with one of our premier Financial Services clients in New York, NY. This position will be remote to start but long-term will be a hybrid onsite/remote work situation (2-3 days on/off site a week, office is in midtown NYC).
- The firms applications are primarily browser-based, developed using Python/Django and python libraries such as pandas, NumPy, etc., PL/SQL. Additionally, SQL Server, Elastic search, Redis, Kafka, Tableau, and a variety of third-party APIs and data sources come into play.
- 20% requirements gathering and brainstorming with end users / Heads Down Development: 80%
- Collaborate to shape the future of our application architecture
- Raise the bar on our development capabilities and processes
- Work to synthesize requirements gathered from multiple teams inside and outside IT and suggest creative solutions; where appropriate guiding us to "do it the right way.
- Organize with end users, business analysts, and other architects and developers following a scrum methodology
- Develop and maintain new and existing applications for use by our Investment teams
- Collaborate in standardizing the development processes including technology selection, deployment steps, code reviews and IT tools
- 5+ years of experience in developing large-scale Python applications with integrated testing framework in a financial services context
- A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or other related discipline (although strong experience with a less directly related degree will be considered)
- The ability to write test-cases and implement/design testing frameworks using PyTest, DocTest and Nose Tests
- Must be a proponent of the software development best practices including unit, functional and integration testing of their written code and good change management practice in a continuous integration environment.
- Experience profiling and optimizing code for performance
- Ability to write high performing SQL queries, procs, tables and views
- Experience with tools/frameworks such as Kafka, Redis, and elastic search
- Practical understanding of design patterns and a good intuition for system design
- Experience with migrating and supporting applications from on-premises infrastructure to Cloud a plus
- Financial services companies, such as asset managers, hedge funds and/or broker/dealers)
- Hands-on AWS development experience preferred
- Candidates with strong technology qualifications outside of financial services will be considered
- Formal problem solving and/or analytical training/experience a plus
SGA is a technology and resource solutions provider driven to stand out. We are a women-owned business. Our mission: to solve big IT problems with a more personal, boutique approach. Each year, we match consultants like you to more than 1,000 engagements. When we say let's work better together, we mean it. You'll join a diverse team built on these core values: customer service, employee development, and quality and integrity in everything we do. Be yourself, love what you do and find your passion at work. Please find us at .
EEO Employer: Race, Color, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Religion, National Origin, Disability, Veteran Status, Age, Marital Status, Pregnancy, Genetic Information, or Other Legally Protected Status. - provided by Dice