Software Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for quality assurance system testing for Data Center networking products. It entails...
Software Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for quality assurance system testing for Data Center networking products. It entails automated, end-to-end testing of various features including L2,L3, Platform and QOS features, evaluating the performance of the hardware, and stressing and scaling these features and their interaction. Work closely with different groups within the organization including the Software and Hardware Development teams, Support team and Product Management Team.
- Create and execute test plans for functional and system testing on Ethernet switches for DC deployments
- Review test plans, test procedures and infrastructure for adequacy and completeness/correctness
- Augment test strategies with real-world Customer deployments
- Work with the Test Community to steer the design and discussion for automated testing of Data Center platforms
- Develop automated test cases using Python in Pytest environment
- Work closely with Test/Software Community, Vendors, Software Designers and customer support teams to debug and resolve system defects and track it to closure
- Work closely with Product Management to jointly deliver high quality products and solutions.
- Work with product documentation team for creating and maintaining customer documentation
- Create tools that facilitate daily workflow and automated testing of SONiC Products.
- BS in CS or EE
- 6+ years of overall automated, product testing experience on an networking (HW) product
- 4+ years of experience in and solid understanding of L2/L3/TCP-IP
- Good understanding of routing protocols, preferably BGP
- Familiarity with networking test tools (Ixia, Spirent,…)
- 2-3 years of experience in Native Python (Preferred) OR Solid experience in building automation infrastructure in native perl or tcl/tk/expect.
- Proven aptitude for methodical problem troubleshooting and solving, good communication skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to work well in a close-knit team.
At HCL, we don't just accept the differences-we support it and celebrate it. We are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place.
- provided by Dice