Opus 12 is a Berkeley, California based startup focused on recycling CO2 into higher value products. We are scientists and engineers with a ...
Opus 12 is a Berkeley, California based startup focused on recycling CO2 into higher value products. We are scientists and engineers with a passion for green chemistry and a shared vision to re-write the story of waste carbon dioxide. Our team partners with industry leaders in electrolysis and plant design to implement our technology at scale.
We are currently looking for a Python Automation Engineer on the team.
Our team continuously builds and improves on our CO2 reactor laboratory hardware. As a Python Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for developing software to control and collect data from these systems, and to enable automation that accelerates research and improves our experimental workflow.
What You Will Do
Who You Are
- Develop software for controlling and collecting data from test equipment, sensors, and data acquisition devices in our CO2 conversion test systems
- Build graphical user interfaces (GUIs) that provide a powerful and intuitive front-end for internal users
- Collaborate with researchers and engineers on the technical team to define requirements
- Troubleshoot and debug our existing codebase, and improve the reliability of existing software (supporting 24/7 continuous testing operation for thousands of hours)
- Write drivers to connect new equipment and sensors
- Develop interfaces for users to run complex experiments
- Document changes, and give updates and presentations to the technical team about major improvements
Opus 12 Benefits
- Minimum 2+ years experience developing in a Python environment; 5+ years preferred
- You have experience working with hardware interfaces such as USB, Modbus, UART/Serial, SCPI, VISA, Ethernet/IP, VXI11, CAN, etc.
- You have software development experience for scientific or industrial equipment
- You have experience building software collaboratively in a team environment (e.g. version tracking via Git and participating in code review)
- Bonus experience/skills:
- Experience developing GUIs, especially in Qt
- Familiarity with interprocess communication (IPC) frameworks such as TCP and gRPC
- Experience working with programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Familiarity with SCADA architectures
- Familiarity with database/SQL
- Understanding of lower-level programming such as firmware development in C/C++
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
Powered by JazzHR