Backend and Full-Stack Software Engineers design and implement services and highly distributed workflows that are used across Data License t...
Backend and Full-Stack Software Engineers design and implement services and highly distributed workflows that are used across Data License to gather, transform, and deliver data to Enterprise clients for billions of financial data points daily. Workflows are built using Python, RabbitMQ, Celery, PySpark, cloud storage via Ceph developed in Docker containers. Our teams leverage Semantic Web concepts and open standards such as RDF/CSVW that allows our clients to understand how our data is connected. We expose Self-Service controls using Flask web server and React-based Web Apps.
This consultant role will be a member of our engineering team to help develop complex workflows in code, build robust microservices, build tools to transform data in a fast-evolving market environment, and scale distributed architectures to handle massive data pipelines.
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in python software development writing object-oriented code in a high level programming language, designing large-scale applications, and writing high-quality tests
- Developing software in a Linux environment
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects that required significant problem solving, communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies and adapt quickly
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with low-latency, high-volume, and highly-availability distributed systems including deployment, monitoring, and building robust fault-tolerant systems
- Experience with programming languages such as C++
- Proficiency with development tools such as debuggers and memory profilers
- Experience with application monitoring tools or services
- Experience in an agile or iterative software development process
- Contributions to Open Source projects
- BA, BS, MS, PHD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- provided by Dice