CBTS is a leading IT Solutions Provider with an exceptional record of accomplishment of delivering results to its clients. With over 28 year...
CBTS is a leading IT Solutions Provider with an exceptional record of accomplishment of delivering results to its clients. With over 28 years of experience, time tested business acumen and a unique vendor neutral approach that ensures unbiased solution design, makes CBTS one of the world's leading IT Solution Providers. We "Design Build and Operate" complex, best-of-breed data and data center solutions for highly recognizable customers.
We currently have a need for a Sr. Python Developer/Consultant for our client American Express/Resy in New York City or Toronto. This resource will have in-depth experience and expertise in Python, SQL queries, Unit Testing, and Tech Leadership experience.
WHO WE ARE: Resy is the American Express global dining platform. Our mission is to power the world's best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. We serve 5,000 restaurants globally. Our customers discover the amazing world of restaurants thanks to our content-rich website and innovative mobile app. Our diners are insiders, and we love having them at the table.
Senior Python Backend Engineer
Engineering - New York, NY
ABOUT THE ROLE:
At Resy, we are tackling hard problems with elegant solutions and scaling very quickly. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will play a crucial role in taking our product to the next level. We are seeking ambitious coders who are eager to build out exciting features for our restaurant partners and Resy diners. The ideal candidates can work quickly while producing pristine work. You thrive in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment, you are a collaborator and an innovator, and you are excited about what technology is doing for the hospitality industry.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer (Python), preferably in a fast-paced startup environment
- You are a self-starter but very comfortable working closely with a team
- You are comfortable working with stakeholders outside the Engineering team including our Product, Sales and Account Management teams
- You have strong expertise with the following:
- Python / Ruby / PHP
- RDBMS and database design
- Unit/Functional Testing
- Implementing and building APIs
BIG PLUS IF YOU HAVE:
- Python/MySQL Experience
- SQL Performance tuning
- Microservice architectures
- AWS - EC2 / RDS / S3 / SQS
- Kafka / Celery / Flask / Django / Supervisord / MongoDB
- Dev-ops experience
- Jira / Clubhouse.io or other project management tool
- Payment systems experience
- Websockets experience
- You enjoy at least one of the following things: shishito peppers, uni, or creme anglaise
If Interested and you meet the requirements, please email me a Word copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your Python experience and your role on the Team!
- provided by Dice