Python, Data Dev, and Cloud Dev, Manager, Bucharest
This is a manager level role reporting to Senior Non-Agency RMBS mode...
Python, Data Dev, and Cloud Dev, Manager, Bucharest Job Requirements:
This is a manager level role reporting to Senior Non-Agency RMBS modeler. This person will lead a group of python data developers working on frontends, ETL buildouts, advancing POCs, cloud-based dataflows and models, and assisting in supplemental research. The team will comprise of short-term contractors and permanent hires as dictated by the book of work. The manager will aid in recruitment and be responsible for overseeing project completion and producing individual contributions as necessary. The scope of work pertains for structured products, and US Non-Agency RMBS, US ABS, and Euro RMBS modelling, data, and related projects.
- Lead and maintain a team including 1) task delegation and milestone management and 2) expanding and contracting short term workforce to meet project needs.
- Understand data flows that support quant models, customize data storage and processing to optimize for user experience, cost, and speed.
- Learn our cloud platform and lead data processing and model development.
- Understand POC construction and paths to production.
- Familiarity with frontends and their development.
- Coordinate with developers, data teams, ISD Research and Product Management team members on python code, cloud, and other development.
- Prior management experience is preferred.
- Technical degree in a field such as Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Physics, or Mathematics preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Python programming language is required.
- Experience with data wrangling and creating data pipelines in Python is strongly desired.
- Familiarity with ETL technologies and cloud based ETL technologies (i.e. Glue).
- Familiarity with cloud-based data storage frameworks such as AWS RedShift and Snowflake.
- Familiarity with cloud-based frameworks such as AWS (SageMaker, S3, EC2).
- Strong leadership skills, desire, and ability to innovate.
- Interest in data science and research are a strong plus.
- Familiarity with finance and fixed income a plus.