A technology driven financial firm is seeking a passionate Data Engineer to join their team in Chicago, IL. As a Data Engineer on this growi...
A technology driven financial firm is seeking a passionate Data Engineer to join their team in Chicago, IL. As a Data Engineer on this growing team, you'll be responsible for collaborating with various teams across the business to enhance all things data within the firm. The ideal candidate will be passionate about data and solving complex problems within large sets of data. Please don't hesitate to apply to learn more about the opportunity!
As the Python Data Engineer you'll be tasked with:
- Collaborating with teams across the business to identify areas within the data platform, data sources, & pipelines that can be improved upon
- Maintaining shared services and ETL pipelines across the business on a global basis
- Being a stakeholder on a variety of projects allowing exposure to different areas of the business
As a Python Data Engineer you'll have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- At least 2 years of professional experience programming with Python
- At least 1 year of professional experience working with SQL/relational databases
- Strong analytical mindset and prior experience working with large sets of data
- Strong Linux systems knowledge, ability to identify arising issues and debug when necessary
- Prior experience developing automated tests to ensure releases are efficiency and done correctly (unit testing, integration testing, etc.)
- Attention to detail, strong verbal & written skills