Primary Skills: Python, Data Structures, Data Integrations, Data Pipelines, Data Quality, Api Integrations, Data Lineage, Algorithms, Visual...
Primary Skills: Python, Data Structures, Data Integrations, Data Pipelines, Data Quality, Api Integrations, Data Lineage, Algorithms, Visualizations, Etl, Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Sql, No-Sql, Nosql, No Sql, Sparksql, Hivesql, Data Modeling, Schema Design, Data Assets, Data Models
Duration: 6 Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
Python Data Engineer
We are looking for somebody 3-5 Yrs experience with GREAT programming skills, preferably in Python. The selected resume will go through a hands-on Python coding interview.
• Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
• Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
• Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
• Writes unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work.
• Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
• Works closely with a team of frontend and backend engineers, product managers, and analysts.
• Defines company data assets (data models), spark, sparkSQL, and hiveSQL jobs to populate data models.
• Designs data integrations and data quality framework.
• Designs and evaluates open source and vendor tools for data lineage.
• Works closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
• BS/BA in Technical Field, Computer Science or Mathematics.
• Strong understanding of Data Structures & Algorithms
• 3+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
• 3+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
• 3+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
• 3+ years of SQL experience (No-SQL experience is a plus)
• 2+ years experience in building visualizations
• Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
• Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
• Ability to document in details with data flow & architecture diagrams.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Vaibhav at
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.