We protect Bloomberg.
As part of the Chief Information Security Office - our Security Data Science team is dedicated to identifyin...
We protect Bloomberg.
As part of the Chief Information Security Office - our Security Data Science team is dedicated to identifying, researching, and solving complex information security problems using a data-centric approach.
Working closely with the other security and risk teams - we collect, process, and analyze data generated throughout the company to find new approaches to take on hard security challenges.
What's the Role?
As a Python Data Science Software Engineer, you will help design and build applications leveraging our existing data science platforms while collaborating closely with the rest of the team on the data science research and development projects.
We'll Trust You To:
You'll Need To Have:
- Identify and think about hard to solve information security problems
- Perform your own exploration and research to understand, describe, and analyze data
- Collaborate closely with the other security and risk teams to identify opportunities to increase value
- Work on full stack solutions: writing the code to collect the data, process it, serve it via the API, and visualize it in the UI
We'd Love To See:
- Solid Python 3 programming skills, beyond basic syntax, with an understanding of what it takes to write high quality code
- Strong problem solving skills, initiative and attention to detail
- Good conceptual knowledge of probability and statistics
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative environment with minimum supervision
- An interest in Information Security, data science, machine learning, and learning new technologies
- At least 5 years of development experience
Does this sound like you?
- A passion for designing and building software to help solve problems
- Familiarity/interest in learning our technology stack:
- Python 3 (flask, celery)
- Experience working with graph data
- Apache, PostgreSQL, SOLR, Docker
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.