It isn't ships or terminals or cargoes that create our success: it's the caliber of our people. Being a global business, they co...
It isn't ships or terminals or cargoes that create our success: it's the caliber of our people. Being a global business, they come from all over the world and represent a vibrant mix of different nationalities, educational backgrounds and life experiences. In fact, today, people from around 60 different countries work for our client, all around the world. They continue to build our client's reputation as a leading player in the energy markets through their creativity, commitment, professionalism and entrepreneurial spirit. Our client is now looking for the next member to join our MIS (Management Information Systems) team in Houston. Position Core Responsibilities
- Writing modular, reusable components to liaise between external sources of data, internal tools and databases
- Maintaining the cleanliness and centrality of the Python codebase
- Porting of legacy code into Python where appropriate
- Able to translate business requirements into a technical delivery following existing patterns where possible
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of enterprise-level coding experience in Python
- Experience scraping websites with Beautiful Soup, Selenium, etc.
- Oracle / PL SQL development experience including stored procedures
- Strong understating of object oriented design, design patterns, SOA architectures
- Past experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Proficient understanding of peer-reviewing, code versioning, and bug/issue tracking tools.
- Development experience implementing solutions utilizing cloud technologies like AWS is preferred
- Commodities/Energy Industry experience desired
- Familiarity with containerization solutions like Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Team player
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Able to work in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities
- Proactive and customer focused "make it work" mentality
- Highly responsive, energetic and enthusiastic
- Resourceful and able to think creatively and adapt
- provided by Dice