Position Summary: Delta Defense is looking for an entry level Python developer to join our Business Intelligence department. This individual...
Position Summary: Delta Defense is looking for an entry level Python developer to join our Business Intelligence department. This individual's primary responsibility will be to write and maintain Python scripts which sync data from our various SAAS providers into our data warehouse. This individual will also have a variety of secondary responsibilities which consists primarily of assisting and supporting other team members in accomplishing their assigned tasks.
No previous in field work experience or formal education is required, however the individual must have solid programming skills and be able to code in Python. As part of the interview process, the candidate will be asked to write a short Python script to perform a simple task.
The ideal candidate is the sort of person who loves to solve puzzles and find creative solutions to difficult problems. They must be able to do research and learn new skills on their own. This is optionally a remote position and the hours are somewhat flexible. However the candidate must be self-motivated and able to perform well with limited team interaction.
- Write Python code to sync data to our data warehouse
- Assist with performance maintenance and optimization in our data warehouse
- Monitor systems for performance and function
- Create data transformations
- Assist other team members with specific projects as required
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- Ability to code in Python
- Ability to write basic SQL commands
- Demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude.
- Must be detail oriented and possess solid organizational and research skills.
- Be a self-starter, have high standards, and be able to work independently on a team to meet deadlines.
- Proven time management skills in deadline-driven work.
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense LLC.
- Experience with Linux command line a plus
- Experience writing shell scripts a plus
- Experience with git a plus
- Experience with REST a plus
- Experience with Redshift or other Data Warehouse a plus
- Advanced SQL skills a plus
- Experience with scheduling cron a plus
- Experience with HTML a plus
- Familiarity with Machine Learning a plus
- Familiarity with Data Science a plus
- Experience with Business Reporting a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services a plus
Powered by JazzHR