The Data Solutions Department within the Information Research (IR) Division works with internal clients to provide data manage...
The Data Solutions Department within the Information Research (IR) Division works with internal clients to provide data management and decision support tools to optimize the efficiency and efficacy of research and development at client.
We are looking for an experienced Django python web developer to join an agile software development team working on a web-based application that is used by drug development scientists.
The mission is to expand the breadth of capabilities and functionality of the application to the entire drug development organization for data acquisition and analysis in the support of R&D programs.
The ideal candidate will be a talented and experienced web developer with a highly collaborative mind set. Extensive knowledge of various python frameworks (i.e. Django, Flask, etc.), various API technologies such as GraphQL or REST and other frontend UI frameworks (java script technology) as we are going to re-engineer the current platform while delivering new features and functions to the business.
Key responsibilities include interfacing with scientists to understand their workflows and needs to independently design and develop technology solutions to answer scientific or business-related needs.
Also, developing solutions, either independently, or by working with other developers, to provide data solutions that are agile, impactful and cost-effective for the business.
Experience in the drug discovery or drug development sciences, such formulation, analytical or process sciences are helpful, but not required.
BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
Background in life sciences and work experience in the pharmaceutical industry desired but not necessary
- 3+ years' experience developing python web applications using Django framework and packages
- Experience with Docker, NGINX, Ubuntu, Shell scripting in Linux.
- Experience with version control, Git strongly preferred
- Specific experience with Django REST framework and Flask.
- Experience with API frameworks such as REST, GraphQL etc.
- Significant experience with an object orient programming language
- Knowledge of agile software development paradigms
- Understanding of SDLC and unit and regression testing
- Dedicated team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work within timelines
- provided by Dice