UNICOM Government, Inc. is looking for a Python Developer to join our Chantilly, VA team. The Python Developer role will focus on...
UNICOM Government, Inc. is looking for a Python Developer to join our Chantilly, VA team. The Python Developer role will focus on building complex systems on AWS services using DevOps model that takes a solution throughout all phases from concept to building and supporting the solution. You will work on a small, agile SCRUM team building 100% fault tolerant code, 100% automation of tests and infrastructure. You will be learning new technologies, understanding our internal ERP solutions, and figuring out how to build using proven cutting-edge technologies.
- Write scalable and maintainable Python 3.x for serverless deployments on AWS services (e.g. Lambda, API Gateway)
- Produce commercial software components/services/solutions, execute moderate complexity software engineering assignments when provided high-level business requirements and technical design guidelines from an architect or senior engineer with minimal supervision.
- Perform code reviews, raise technical risk and create documentation
- Infuse security into CI/CD process with ease to promote innovation.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of professional experience with at least two modern programming languages such as Python, Go, C#, etc.
- Experience with indexed data persistence such as Relational Databases (SQL) or NoSQL Data Stores.
- Experience in designing and hands-on directories such as Active Directory and any other LDAP compliant directory.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (Fargate, Lambda, kinesis, CloudWatch, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, Athena, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers is desired.
- Experience influencing collaborating and negotiating positive outcomes across stakeholders in a highly matrixed organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong "security first" advocacy and encourage when creating all solutions within AWS services.
- Strong automation and scripting skills. Python and Linux shell.
- Balance of strategic and tactical skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Familiar with IAM related protocols such as SAML, SPML, XACML, SCIM, OpenID, and OAuth.
- Familiar with protocols such as OIDC, OAuth 2, SAML.
- Understanding of the cyber threat landscape and methodologies to protect technology assets.
- Ability to facilitate communications to business stakeholders and interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to break down requirements into stories and provide estimates, perform code reviews, raise technical risk and create documentation.
- Must be able to estimate and plan for task-level assignments, propose low-level design using established enterprise standards and technology, strong debugging skills, one or more modern programming language.
- Should have a working knowledge of: Oracle database, Cloud Formation, API Gateway, Lambda, Route53, S3, DynamoDB, and SQS.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices of the full software development life cycle are preferred.
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM methodologies, DevOps, and software development lifecycle are helpful.
- Strong business acumen and solution engineering mindset are extremely helpful.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- AWS Certified Developer Associate or AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate are preferred.
No travel requirements have been identified at this time.
TOP SECRET Clearance Level Required
- Must have a current US Government TOP SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. Government administered investigation.
- Must be eligible for and able to obtain and maintain required Security Clearance and/or access approvals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
Standard office environment.
At UNICOM Government, Inc., our top priority is our people. We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work-life balance by providing unique programs and comprehensive benefits that are important to today's busy professionals.
UGI's benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, life and disability insurance, 401K, short and long-term disability- and flexible spending. UGI employees also enjoy observance of federal holidays, a family-friendly environment, flexible work schedules, and an onsite gym. If you are interested in a career with UGI, please visit to learn more and apply directly to our openings.
Thank you for your interest in UNICOM Government, Inc.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at EEOPost.pdf
One Mission. Yours.
- provided by Dice