Our client, one of the largest banks in the US with wealth management, investment banking, and international business, is seeking an Applica...
Our client, one of the largest banks in the US with wealth management, investment banking, and international business, is seeking an Application Programmer V (Python)
Location: Charlotte, NC
Position Type: Contract
Who are we looking for?
The Global Risk Analytics Technology team is looking for a talented and highly motivated senior candidate to develop and architect GRA Core Platform, an Apache Spark based distributed analytics platform. The platform is a key enabler for our risk organization as it provides regulatory reporting for various federal and international agencies. The role is for a hands-on senior developer with distributed computing technologies experience. The role requires deep understanding of Python in order to enhance and support the model development and execution platform for Global Risk Analytics.
- Design and build horizontally scalable components within the major platform that the team is developing
- Review and provide code feedback in terms of best practices with keen eye towards performance and stability optimizations
- Become subject matter expert on code deployed on our platform and provide Spark/Big Data consulting support to other developers
- Write reusable and extendable code and become a key contributor of the core platform
- Consistently work to make our software simpler
- Challenge yourself and your peers to always improve
- Expertise in functional and object-oriented programming, specifically in Python
- Experience in databases (relational/document/etc.) including NoSQL databases
- Strong in Algorithms and Data Structures
- Experience building distributed and scalable complex services as well as robust micro services
- Experience in writing unit tests in pytest or unittest
- Working knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and automation
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a passion for learning and problem solving
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Math