Python Developer to work in service and integration engineering role for KVH's suite of airtime services. The key tech skills are Python, Li...
Python Developer to work in service and integration engineering role for KVH's suite of airtime services. The key tech skills are Python, Linux, REST/SOAP, and git. But just as important are solid engineering and collaboration skills: an appreciation of - and ability to create - well-architected, services and systems; a dedication to quality, security, and maintainability throughout the design, development, and implementation process. Superb software-engineering skills, sometimes on an Agile team, sometimes working independently, but always well-organized. A willingness to roll-up sleeves for hands-on DevOps work when required.
Most importantly, developing software at KVH offers the best of both worlds: the opportunity to work on one of the leading global satellite telecom networks at truly global scale, and a small team environment where your creativity, ideas and feedback are encouraged and valued, and where you can make a real impact.
- Design, communicate, and develop solutions to complex integration problems with various service enabling devices and 3rd party systems and services
- Evaluate technical choices and their tradeoffs
- Identify opportunities to improve our codebase and data architecture based on latest best practices and shared business needs
- Enhance data pipeline health and quality monitoring
- Recommend and present data architecture and design stories effectively in both one-on-one and group settings
- Leverage the Agile/Scrum and DevOps methodologies
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Python development experience required
- 3+ years of Linux experience required
- 2+ years developing/consuming RESTful/SOAP web services desired
- 2+ years SQL desired
- 1+ years of experience focusing on systems architecture and design (extensibility, reliability and scalability)
- Experience with Docker/K8s
- Strong working knowledge of Git
- Prior experience with Swagger
- Strong organizational and collaborative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder
KVH offers a full suite of benefits to include generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible/health spending account, employee stock purchase program, and retirement plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. KVH also conducts background checks and drug screening after acceptance of an offer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled