This Machine Learning and Scalable Computing group is seeking for an experienced software engineer to work with our data ...
This Machine Learning and Scalable Computing group is seeking for an experienced software engineer to work with our data scientists, as well as with IT partners, to help deploy advanced machine learning models within a web-based tool for use by company engineers. Familiarity with machine learning is useful, but the focus of the position is in core software development and integration.
Requirements for the successful candidate include:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- 3-5 years professional experience in production-grade software development and deployment.
- 3+ years of experience in Python web application development with flask and/or Django.
- 3+ years of experience in query languages, SQL, Hive and SparkSql
- Strong programming skills in Python, Java and object-oriented programing.
- Strong skills and experience in the test-driven development approach.
- Collaboration with colleagues via GitHub is must.
- Familiarity with REST API development.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated success in working with a diverse team across multiple organizations.
- Outstanding communication skills.
Additional desirable skills include:
- MS or PhD in a technical field
- User interface development with Angular and PrimeNG is plus.
- Experience working in production-grade container orchestration such as Kubernetes and OpenShift is a plus.
- Experience with NLP techniques and machine learning pipeline is a plus.
- Experience with Solr is a plus.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or . - provided by Dice