Genesis10 is currently seeking a Python Developer with our client in the financial industry in their New York, NY location. This is a 12 mon...
Genesis10 is currently seeking a Python Developer with our client in the financial industry in their New York, NY location. This is a 12 month + contract position.
- Design, development and support of Equity Derivative infrastructure
- Focuses on owning and driving the discussion / work stream and working with business and technology other stakeholders in identifying solutions
- Facilitate design review sessions with technology teams within Equity Linked Technology and other tech partners
- Execute on all facets of delivery to the Equity Linked Technology User community - from discussions with users shaping deliverables through to the production release of functionality
- Demonstrations of new functionality to business and technology users
- Design of test strategy including preparing test cases, as required
- Work closely with the business and technology teams to gather testing requirements and acceptance criteria
- Coordinate UAT activities, releases and migration events. Tracking of defects and progress of resolution
- Escalation of issues in a timely manner
- Produce system and process documentation
- Ensure adherence to audit and operational standards
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
- Hands-on experience and in depth knowledge of Python Application development (5+ years)
- Java, real time messaging, SQL experience preferred
- Problem solving skills with an ability to address performance issues
- A flexible "can do" attitude; comfortable working in a fast paced environment with frequent release cycles and rapidly changing priorities
- The ability to effectively communicate within a multi-disciplined team, across multiple locations and time zones, and to interact with various technology partners
- Additional Skills that are helpful but not essential
- An understanding of Equity derivative business and Quartz application development
- Working experience with complex systems (grid, object oriented database, Oracle, etc.)
- Able to work as a W2 employee of Genesis10 (no Corp-to-Corp)
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement - project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at . "Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V"