Are you looking for an opportunity to not just develop software, but to build a system that will drive network architecture ...
Are you looking for an opportunity to not just develop software, but to build a system that will drive network architecture decisions for the DoD's Defense Information Systems Network? As a Python developer, you can solve problems in a fast-paced, agile environment by developing a complete end-to-end solution. We are looking for a developer with the skills needed to build optical network data analysis tools from early development to a production-ready system. This role, however, will let you get your hands into more than just coding. We need a Python developer who will use his/her coding passion to solve problems that will delve into the world of optical and network transport. Using Python, you'll work with the development team to build modern data analysis tools for the transport networks that drive missions critical communications traversing fiber-optic networks. You'll analyze the needs and the environment to make sure the solution you are developing considers the current architecture and operating environment to make that environment more malleable to the network managers through added better user interfaces, increased functionality, and regular enhancements. Join us as we build systems to change network analysis and simulation for the better. Empower change with us.
- 3+ years of experience with Python programming in a professional or classroom environment
- 3+ years of experience with software documentation
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts, including algebra and statistics
- Active Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with designing and developing software in a high-level programming language
- 2+ years of experience with using Python for data analysis
- Experience with Microsoft Developer's Studio for console software in a professional or classroom environment
- Experience with multi-threaded programming in a professional or classroom environment
- Experience with modeling and simulation tools, including Cariden, Aria, Wandl, OPNET, Riverbed, or related
- Experience with Red Hat Ansible
- Experience with Apache NiFi
- Experience with optical transport network technology, including SONET, SDH, and DWDM
- Experience with network protocols, including TCP/IP
- Experience with DoD networks
- BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred MS degree in Computer Science or Operations Research a plus
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn't all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you'll be part of:
- a family of experts that span a wide diversity of technical fields
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees, meeting our clients biggest problems, & living out our values
- an organization that provides stable and varied opportunities
We'll help you develop the career you want by providing you access to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5,000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books, that will help you chart your own course for success. Through this resource, you can build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. We also have tuition assistance, on-site certification boot camps, vendor discounts, and a network of professionals who can mentor you through any technical problem.
We're an EOE that empowers our people-no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristics-to fearlessly drive change.