Zonar's applications ensure the safety and effectiveness of school buses, freight and vocational vehicles. Join the team that develops the a...
Zonar's applications ensure the safety and effectiveness of school buses, freight and vocational vehicles. Join the team that develops the applications that provide compliance and safety information for thousands of vehicles and drivers to fleet managers and dispatchers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop the services and API components of the Zonar technology stack, providing functionality that enables Zonar's products to manage the safety and logistics of vehicles across America and internationally.
- Work in a fast-paced Scrum environment in a pod of 3-5 developers and designers delivering complete features for the end user.
- Deliver software features with exceptional quality, meeting designated release plans and delivery commitments.
- Work with web applications, REST APIs, databases and services.
- Develop with CI/CD delivering to Google Cloud Platform.
- Work closely with other team members in guiding software architecture and technology decisions.
- Instrument Zonar code to achieve insight on business metrics, usage, and performance.
- Follow software engineering best practices and provide technical mentorship to other members of the team.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- A passion for developing products and working in teams.
- 3+ years working in software development teams.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Python language and at least one framework (Flask, Django, Tornado)
- Design and implement RESTful APIs
- Database systems and ORMs (PostgreSQL, Cassandra, SQLAlchemy)
- Bonus skills will include experience with:
- Messaging systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka, Google PubSub)
- Microservices and 12-factor apps
- Android development with Java and/or Kotlin
- Cross-Platform mobile app development (Ionic, ReactNative, NativeScript)
- Angular web application development
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Experience in building and debugging large scale systems.
- Ability to work well with others, learn on the job, and thrive in a dynamic work environment.
- A focus on user-oriented development and end-user satisfaction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with CI/CD tooling and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
Founded in 2001, Zonar has pioneered smart fleet management technology by providing innovative technology that has changed fleet operations in the vocational, pupil and commercial trucking industries. With a unique focus on this field, the Company offers a complete suite of solutions and specialized platforms for our customers in multiple markets. Our patented, award-winning technology keeps fleet owners and managers connected to their fleets and drivers to dispatchers. Zonar has a proven history of continuous innovation on behalf of our customers, providing products that efficiently and easily track commercial fleets and assets, streamline reporting and significantly increasing safety while saving cost. Leveraging a portfolio of 150+ patents, we are building upon these data and related analytics services to create the next generation of software and services for the 15M target customers in the US alone.
Headquartered in Seattle and majority-owned by technology company Continental, Zonar has a Technology Development Center in downtown Seattle, a regional office in Cincinnati, and a distribution center outside of Atlanta. Our culture is based on ingenuity, leadership, teamwork, excellence, passion, integrity, and fun! Our company has grown to over 350 employees who are goal-oriented and fast-paced but understand the importance of having a healthy work life balance. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a fast-paced, growing, innovative company, make a big impact on a rapidly evolving space, and have fun along the way!