Ampersand's Data Science and ML Engineering team is seeking a Python Developer focused on maintaining and developing APIs that serve the res...
Ampersand's Data Science and ML Engineering team is seeking a Python Developer focused on maintaining and developing APIs that serve the results of our Bayesian models. You will be working on these APIs using Python, fastapi, and clickhouse, a low-latency column-store database. Because we manipulate large,probabilistic results on-demand, you must be highly proficient at writing SQL and bewilling to learn how to optimize queries against Clickhouse. Examples of the kinds of model outputs we work with may be found through our opensource repository, PyMC3-HMM.
We use git for version control and expect that the candidate will have significant experience using git-based workflows with continuous integration and testing.
Any of the following is helpful but not required
- Python and a backend web development framework, e.g. django/flask/fastAPI
- Writing SQL
- Version control using git
- Testing with unittest or pytest
- Basic numpy/pandas proficiency
- Text and structured logging using logging or loguru
- Python Developer 2
- AWS and Kubernetes
- Querying and designing schemas for column-store databases like Clickhouse
- and Redshift
- Open source contributions, blog posts, personal projects on Github