ALTEN USA, subsidiary of ALTEN Group, includes 500 employees dedicated to the automotive engineering development. ALTEN is a Leader in Engin...
ALTEN USA, subsidiary of ALTEN Group, includes 500 employees dedicated to the automotive engineering development. ALTEN is a Leader in Engineering & Information Technology system, and operates in over 21 countries (Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and Middle East) with more than 28,000 employees of which 88% are engineers.
ALTEN Group provides support for its clients' development strategies in the fields of innovation, Research & Development and Information Technology systems. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to full-blown project outsourcing.
Employee. Client. Technology. In that order. We offer, effective immediately;
• Competitive medical insurance with multiple options - tailored to your needs
• Dental and vision benefits
• Matching 401k plan - your future secured
• Highly-competitive compensation - Alten invests in the best.
• 15 Days of PTO, and much more
We place a high value on thought leadership. We want every employee to develop all the skills required to become an engineering and technology thought leader; contributing to the knowledge assets of our team and our clients. From day one, every consultant is trained and mentored to elevate their careers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Program using C++, Python, and SQL code for software tools to publish maps
- Develop using 3D Graphics (Open GL or VTK) GUI Python/pyQT
- Develop software solutions/tools by studying requirements, designing software, developing code, testing and releasing the code
- Follow the software development lifecycle in an Agile environment to develop source code
- Estimate the tasks and effort needed to prepare workplans to meet delivery dates
- Develop Requirements and attend requirements reviews
- Develop Object Oriented programs and participate in design reviews
- Develop good, reusable, high quality code, attend code reviews
- Merge and Integrate code with other developers for tools delivery
- Use good debugging skills to test the software tools and release them into production
- Work with internal stakeholders and external customers to integrate the tools, test and launch successfully for customer delivery or operations use or R&D use
- Provide innovative fast prototyping solutions as needed to support production
- Use software development tools like Jira, GIT, unit test tools, Polarian, Pycharm
- Develop high quality software and make all efforts to find and fix defects before release
- Work in a team environment
- Proficient in presenting design or software concepts to customers, management and team members
Skills, Qualifications, and Competencies
- BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Programming Languages: Python or C++
- Number of year experience: 2+
- Development Tools: GIT, Jira, Pycharm, Visual Studio
- Database Experience: PostgreSQL
- Ability to be flexible and respond to changes while working in a dynamic environment
- Strong working experience designing large, clean and reusable code.
- Strong debugging skills
- Good working experience building optimized and multi-threaded libraries.
- Strong working experience with common build systems.
- Comfortable in both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Proficient in English-language technical writing.