Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route...
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Do you love coding and like the idea of working on projects that help protect businesses from cyber threats? Lumen's Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) development team is looking for a new member to assist in automating responses to network-based threats. This team is on the forefront of leveraging bleeding edge software stacks to mitigate evolving threats.
Our ideal candidate is the person that spends hours writing code and/or scripts to automate five minutes of manual work that will be repeated. The mission of this team is to develop automation capabilities that simplify and improve customer experience and enables proactive security policies on Lumen's security solutions that protect our customers from threats over the Internet.
The Main Responsibilities
As a Lead software developer, you would closely collaborate with other developers on the team to build automation on top of Lumen's security product platforms. Lead developers on our team leverage their experience to collaboratively help design and engineer solutions and implement in an iterative way. We primarily write in Python and leverage modern frameworks and systems to implement our solutions. As a lead developer, the types of tools and systems you would work with on this team are :
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Docker, Kubernetes, or other container and virtualization services
- Git or other revision control utilities
- Jenkins/Gitlab CI/CD/ or other automated build and deployment systems
- Mongo DB, Elasticsearch or other NoSQL type databases
- Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, and other message brokers
- Ansible / Salt / Puppet / Chef
- Network and security elements such as routers, firewalls, DDoS mitigation appliances, and intrusion detection systems
Ideally, we're looking for someone that has a strong background in software engineering that exhibits:
- Extensive experience and prior work in any of these languages: Java, Ruby, Perl, or Python
- Experience in at least two out of the three programming paradigms: imperative, object oriented, functional
- Experience in DevOps, unit testing, and continuous integration
- A strong desire to learn and play with new technologies and techniques
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Experience with iterative development methodologies and practices
The following are not required, but are things that we look for to raise resumes up to the top of our stack:
- Experience with developing solutions that leverage distributed architecture
- Experience with DevOps tools
- Broad information security knowledge
- Experience with system, network, or security administration in a Unix-based environment
- Knowledge of Internet networking protocols, topologies, and security impacts
- Strong communication and leadership skills and prior work in a collaborative software development environment
Requisition #: 246772 EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Disclaimer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Range Salary Min :
83430Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here.
We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Range Salary Min :
83430Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.