The future of work is changing and pymetrics is helping companies prepare for it. Our talent matching platform uses behavioral data and AI t...
The future of work is changing and pymetrics is helping companies prepare for it. Our talent matching platform uses behavioral data and AI to unlock the potential in everyone.
We help global enterprises assess candidates based on their potential -- their inherent cognitive and emotional make-up -- rather than their resume, matching the best candidate to their ideal job, while removing bias from the hiring process. We are disrupting the talent industry with our diverse team that embraces different ways of thinking, working, and succeeding together. With offices in NYC, London, Sydney and Singapore, pymetrics is powering the future of hiring: efficient, predictive, and bias-free. We are all driven by this powerful mission and are looking for others to join us!
The Analytics Python Developer plays an essential role in ensuring pymetrics consistently delivers fair, effective, and compliant products to our global client base. This position is responsible for building and maintaining the python codebase and technical documentation behind our automated statistical analyses and reporting processes critical for showing the value and compliance of pymetrics' offerings.
You will play a key role in a broad and cross-functional effort focused on telling compelling client stories with data. Your day to day will include collaborating with internal experts from various teams including Industrial Organizational (IO) psychology, Data Science, Engineering, and Professional services to develop analytic and reporting tools. You'll work with Data Engineers to understand our data infrastructure and develop code to create and scale routine queries, data merges, and data transformation procedures. In collaboration with our IO Psychology and Client Success teams, you'll automate presentation-ready data visualizations, slide decks, and reports.
You'll serve as an in-house statistical and programming specialist and drive the development and improvement of standard analytic code and inform pymetrics' analytic standards with your knowledge of statistical and python programming best practices as you do the following:
Along with your teammates in Data Science, you'll learn the design and uses of pymetrics' products and select and automate the best analytic strategies for demonstrating pymetrics' value across our suite of products and client use cases. This role will be based out of our NYC headquarters, but we're open to remote US candidates.
- Automate routine data analysis reporting and presentation generation with python (and some R)
- Develop and maintain organized and annotated code
- Analyze external client employment/ human resources data (e.g., ATS, HRIS)
- Communicate analytic results to internal technical and non-technical colleagues
- Demonstrate exceptional judgement and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive data
- Collaborate with data engineering, data scientists, and client success to access and manipulate data, explain data gathering requirements, and visualize results
- Think strategically about how to publish data visualizations and present analytic results
- Bring together client-specific data and outside research to help evaluate the fairness and validity of pymetrics' products
- Conduct research projects related to analytic best practices for testing adverse impact and predictive validity consistent with legal regulations and precedents
- Background in Psychology, Data Science, or a related applied science grounded in research methods and statistics
- 5+ years of experience in programming and quantitative analysis
- Strong coding ability in Python (and some R) including software and package development
- Experience querying databases using SQL with structured data
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure, managing competing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Familiarity with equal employment law and analyses used to determine compliance or interest in quickly learning
- Health care plan (medical, dental & vision)
- Flexible paid time off
- Family leave (maternity, paternity)
- Stock option plan
- Commuter transportation benefits
- Fun, diverse and intellectually eager coworkers
Finally, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We cannot support candidates from any international locations except the UK, Singapore, and Australia.