We are working with a company in the ed tech space that partners with educational institutions to make higher education more accessible. The...
We are working with a company in the ed tech space that partners with educational institutions to make higher education more accessible. They have built a robust and secure learning platform that helps thousands of students and they have been named as a top startup in several different publications.
They are looking for a Python Engineer to join their Core Systems team in Dumbo BK, which builds products that underlie the company's user-facing platform. The Python Engineer will be working in either Django, Flask, or Tornado and will ideally have experience with Amazon Web Services and databases like SQL, MySQL, or MongoDB. They are also looking for candidates with experience with distributed streaming platforms like Kafka. This would be an exciting opportunity to work in an exciting startup that is making a positive difference in the educational space.
Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years' production experience in Python
- Experience with Django, Flask, or Tornado
- Background with cloud technology like AWS, Docker, or Kubernetes
- Experience with databases like SQL, MySQL, or MongoDB
- Excellent communication
What You Will Be Doing
- Familiarity with distributed streaming platforms like Kafka or AWS Kinesis
- Excellent at working in teams
- Motivated self-starter
- 100% Back End Engineering
- 85% Hands-on Coding
- 15% Coordinating with other teams
You Will Receive The Following Benefits
- Competitive Salary: Up to $160K/year, DOE
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid time off and sick leave
- Commuter benefits
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today's highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.