Description: Our client is currently seeking a Python Developer/ Engineer for a long term contract, possibly direct hire. B...
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Python Developer/ Engineer for a long term contract, possibly direct hire. Below are the details, please reach out to me at: for more information!!
DETAILED JOB DUTIES
- Understand requirements of data driven activities that will require connections across multiple and disparate data sources
- Fluently operate in MS-Excel spreadsheets, with the ability to craft macros and use advanced functions to expedite work
- Operate relational databases (MS-SQL), from server configuration to schema development and maintenance
- Perform simple operations Cloud Platforms, mostly focusing data input and retrieval
- Write scripts in VBA, Python and R for data cleansing, data manipulation and running tests
- Perform tests of machine learning algorithms performance and report results
- Organize data artifacts in various formats
- Interact with business stakeholders to obtain/provide data according to requirements
- Work closely with other functional teams to integrate your ideas, innovations and methods into production systems.
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Being able to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment as in a competitive landscape new data keeps flowing in rapidly and the world is constantly changing
- Understand data structure and formatting needs to satisfy the timely and accurate execution of technical tasks
- Identify the various sources of data across business domains and understand their underlying structure and details
- Parse the web for public domain structured and unstructured information
- Ingest raw data from various dissimilar data sources and make it ready to be processed by advanced machine learning algorithms
- Run test cases side-by-side with Data Scientists, understanding their rationale and learning from their expertise
- Shrink timelines necessary to have data ready for Machine Learning applications by applying advanced techniques within spreadsheet and databases, including within Cloud Platforms
- Use scripting language for data manipulation - VBA, Python and R.
- Undergrad in quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, etc.
- Courses in Database configuration
- A strong drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques in data rich operating environments
Undergrad in quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, etc.
- Comfortable in navigating raw data coming from multiple sources, putting them together in a structured format
- Effective in fast paced environment
- Collaborative/enjoys working in teams
- Ability to explain and make decisions based on elementary technical/cost/risk trade-offs
- Some experience with Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Azure preferred
- Some experience in software or applications engineering and/or technical operations
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at