* Our Client is seeking an Expert Python Developer to plan, develop and enhance strategic financial modeling platform, which is...
- Our Client is seeking an Expert Python Developer to plan, develop and enhance strategic financial modeling platform, which is built on latest AWS Cloud using Python, C++, Cassandra, RedShift, Big Data, and AI technologies.
- The platform enables the creation of standardized reusable modeling components with built in capability to analyze results based on historical data and logic.
- It is actively used to build and deploy Artificial Intelligence, Machine Leaning and Financial models by CIO Quant modelers and core team developers, who are power users and experts in their areas.
- The team is looking to build new features and core capabilities and expand the platform to other Groups.
- In this role, the candidate will work with various internal groups to deliver architecture, design, develop and test artifacts.
- Design and develop software programs and database objects.
- Recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Partner with developers, quantitative modelers and business users across the organization to develop core frameworks, enhance models, analyze data, validate performance and security requirements, and outline the proposed IT solution.
- Participate in standard SDLC process using agile methodology and test-driven approach.
- Adhere to IT Control Policies through design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
- Additional responsibilities include documentation of deliverables and participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
- Expert Knowledge and 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following languages: Python(preferred), Java, C#, C++
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented design concepts, patterns, and software architecture.
- Knowledge and experience of Unix, Linux and Windows operating systems
- 3+ Experience in data management systems such as SQL server, Oracle etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Python 3.x (Pandas, Jupyter, and other data science packages)
- Cassandra, AWS Redshift Datawarehouse environment
- Kafka, Solr and Spark
- DevOps tools: Git, Docker, Jenkins, Jira, Bitbucket
- Experience with industry standard tools such as SVN and GitHub Knowledge of financial concepts: stock market, trading concepts, financial instruments, derivatives, hedge funds
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Nishant at for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 8 months/RTH
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center:
- provided by Dice