This non-profit research organization develops a "repository" of DNA samples and organic material used as the building blocks for scientific...
This non-profit research organization develops a "repository" of DNA samples and organic material used as the building blocks for scientific research. BY making these samples easily searchable and available, researchers are able to build off each other's work and drastically reduce time and cost of experiments.
They just received a grant from the National Institute of Health to build a similar platform for an Antibody discovery platform which will facilitate vaccine research moving forward.
As a non-profit, they have a limited budget meaning an ideal candidate is more excited about the mission than the compensation.
Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of professional development experience
- Django or Flask
- REST API's
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry or similar field
What You Will Be Doing
- AWS or other public cloud systems
- Previous experience developing laboratory management systems
- 75% Python/Django
- 80% Hands On
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: $110,000
You will receive the following benefits:
- Remote work until at least Summer, flexible work schedule moving forward
- Great work/life balance (rarely work more than 40 hrs per week)
- Full medical and dental coverage
- Unlimited PTO
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. - provided by Dice