Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Develop and maintain Python based web applications within an infrastructure environment
- Utilize RESTful APIs or connection processes to interact with IT infrastructure hardware in support of automated processes
- Maintain MySQL8.0 database environment
- Comply with standards and guidelines related to the design, construction, testing and deployment activities as established by the departmental and organizational standards
- Embrace the DevOps culture by engaging with customers to determine development requirements and to receive feedback for improving existing solutions
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or at least 6 years of related work experience
- 3+ years of development experience with Python or an equivalent programming language
- 3+ years of experience integrating RESTful APIs or web services with user interfaces
- 3+ years working with relational databases such as SQL, MySQL or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience with Python Flask or Python Django
- 1+ years working with Kubernetes, AWS, OpenShift to manage containerized applications
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Python Developer, Python, RESTful APIs, SQL, MySQL, Python Flask, Python Django, Kubernetes, AWS, OpenShift, Plymouth, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota