Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defe...
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is currently seeking a Software Developer with an active Top Secret clearance to support our team located in Chantilly, VA.
- Responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, documentation and maintenance of multiple web-based applications in an agile software environment meeting product owner requirements
- Responsible for identifying, resolving and test defects and respond to customer identified requirements and enhancements
- Responsible for researching and presenting recommendations for the adoption of new methodologies and technologies; if decided lead implantation of recommendation
- Responsible for providing technical direction and guidance to software development team members
- Modify existing software and create special-purpose software to ensure efficiency and integrity between systems and applications
- Responsible for providing expert technical advice, guidance and recommendations to management and other technical specialist on critical software issues
Here's What You'll Need
- Must have an active Top Secret clearance
- Advanced programming knowledge in Python and/or Java - Database experience with MySQL or Oracle
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, good customer relationship skills, especially in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience with JQuery, Angular and Bootstrap - Experience with Mongo DB - Experience with ElasticSearch or SOLR
- Experience with the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Zephyr, Bitbucket, Crucible, Fisheye)
- Experience developing software applications to a Linux environment
- Experience in an on-site client-facing engineering role
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
Top Secret Clearance Required
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.Work Environment
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.Attendance
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Recruiting point of contact
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.