Our client, a major international bank, is looking for an experienced Python Developer in Finance to join its team in New York on t...
Our client, a major international bank, is looking for an experienced Python Developer in Finance to join its team in New York on the Trading Floor - direct contact with traders.
In the role of, Fixed Income RAD/COMMANDO Developer this team member will be responsible for enhancing trading risk and pricing systems, whilst working closely with traders.
• Work as a business-aligned RAD developer in our Front-office Technology team,
• Focus on delivering the risk and P&L platform to New York and LATAM users that is consistent with other regions.
• Work very closely with local Trading Desks and Quant Research as well as other global RAD teams.
• Use Rapid Application Development techniques for quick turn-around of high-profile projects.
• Develop tools for and support the Interest Rate Options, Inflation, Swaps, Bonds, Repo, STIR and FX Trading desks within the Fixed Income Division.
• Work on the enhancement and maintenance of Fixed Income Exotic & Flow Derivatives risk management systems.
• Act as the front-line technology contact for Fixed Income trading desks for all Risk and P&L issues and queries.
• Very good knowledge of Python (with scientific packages) and SQL (MS-SQL).
• Good knowledge of web development.
• A previous experience of working in front-office risk and P&L development and support is a plus.
• Good understanding of Fixed Income products, specifically interest rates swaps and options products.
• Working knowledge of DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, SVN and Git.
• Knowledge of Java or C++ would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of Machine learning (Dot) is a plus.
• Candidates with proven experience should also have had good exposure to Derivatives, ideally in a front-office facing role, and an in-depth understanding of the business.
• Excellent time management
• Communication - able to work with trading desks and IT teams
• Analytical minded - the mathematical ability to learn complex quantitative concepts quickly
• Team-working skills
• Able to work under pressure
• Proficient in English