Why should you join WWT?
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innov...
Why should you join WWT?
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 7,000 individuals and closed nearly $13 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the ninth consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Python Engineer.
World Wide Technology is seeking a Python Developer who will be responsible for the analysis of business, engineering, and scientific problems while documenting, developing, and delivering practical solutions to customers using Agile methodologies. Candidates will be responsible for delivering software using Agile practices including XP, Lean Kanban, Scrum, Pair Programming, and TDD. Candidates should have hands-on Python development experience. This includes detailed software design, developing code with unit tests to implement the design, correcting flaws based on requirements testing, and integrating the applications.
The following knowledge skills and attributes are required:
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience using Python.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Proven development experience of RESTful APIs and/or full-stack applications using a Python web framework such as: Django, Flask, etc.
- Experience with the automated build process (continuous integration) and source code version control tools (GIT and/or SVN).
- Hands-on experience in at least one of the following Python testing frameworks: unittest or pytest.
- Experience using software development processes such as TDD, pair programming and other XP practices.
- Experience with multiple operating systems including Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
- Critical thinker with the ability to breakdown complex technical requirements.
- Familiar with integrating with data sources such as MongoDB, Redis, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server.
- Able to support occasional domestic travel(up to ~10%) in support of project related activities which often include project kickoffs, releases, meetings, and training. Additional travel may be required for new hires for employee onboarding activities. Travel is most often to client sites or to our facilities.
The following knowledge skills and attributes are preferred:
- Experience with other development languages.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture technologies and/or implementations.
- Ability togive and receive feedback. A central part of living our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct feedback. We require and coach our employees on how to provide constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and leadership. This can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a group setting, and one on one, and can involve topics ranging from job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous improvement.
- Possesses a high level ofActs ethically and is above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability, and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of his/her colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
- DemonstratesSelf-control. Manages his/her impulsive feelings and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda. Stays composed, positive and unflappable even in trying moments. Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must beSmoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Is able to work collaboratively to get things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of peers, subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics to fit fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees events.
- IsDemonstrates a positive mental attitude. Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal flaw.
- ContinuouslyDevelops Others.Committed to the continuous process of education and development of self and colleagues. Acknowledges people's strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful feedback and helps to identify others' needs for future growth and improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an individual's skills.
- Able toIntuitively Understandthe way people think and work. Understands the forces that shape views and actions of clients, customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and external reality.
- ModelsLeadership Articulates and arouses enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst forRecognizes the need for change and removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its pursuit.
- FostersExcellence in Communication.Is effective in give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens well; seeks mutual understanding, and welcomes the sharing of information fully. Fosters open communication and stays receptive to bad news as well as good.
WWT D&I Statement:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled
Location: St. Louis or Remote
- provided by Dice