Kforce has a client that is looking for a remote Python DevOps Automation Engineer supporting the Raleigh, NC location. We...
Kforce has a client that is looking for a remote Python DevOps Automation Engineer supporting the Raleigh, NC location. We have an opportunity to create "green-field" processes that are automated, tested and validated. We want to ensure that we have control over the changes being done to the network by making sure they are tested, and no network glitch happens when they are deployed. This being the network, we are also building secure solutions that follows all the best security practices.
This area's domain provides the corporation with IT identities (e.g., W3ID), endpoint and network security for IT infrastructure. This organization is leading a massive, comprehensive transformation of the internal network and is creating and deploying new state-of-the-art services. Individuals working within this organization will find themselves challenged with the expectation that their skills and knowledge in networking, security and automation will be highly honed and globally competitive both inside and outside the company.
The squad contains a unique mix of skills, including network architects, software developers/automation engineers, operational support, and security SMEs. This effort has senior management support and has revenue/business value in the multiple millions of dollars.
* Python DevOps Automation Engineer will create automation using Ansible, Python and REST interfaces to accept, deploy and test network changes
* Create solutions that follow the best security practices, are reliable and follow the DevOps/Agile methodologies
* Propose and implement processes and tools for troubleshooting networks
* Python DevOps Automation Engineer will implement and operate a network monitoring infrastructure
* Implement and manage DevOps pipelines
* Provides tools for the operations team to help manage and troubleshoot the network
* Must Have: Python, DevOps, CI/CD
* Experience with DevOps processes, CI/CD pipelines, unit testing and Agile Development
* Experience developing Ansible Playbooks
* Programming experience with Python
* Familiarity with best IT Security practices
* Experience with some networking technologies such as firewalls
Summary of Technologies:
* Development: Python, Ansible, Ansible Modules, Git, CI/CD, REST API, XML, JSON/YAML
* Networking: Palo Alto, Routing and Firewall Rules, Network Troubleshooting, Network Validation, Batfish
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience:
* Experience with git, travis
* Experience with Network Monitoring/Orchestration
* Experience with networking technologies: firewalls, firewall rules, VLANs, NAT, BGP, OSPF, routing, SNMP, and the IP protocol
* Experience with Network Monitoring: SNMP, Prometheus, Grafana and LibreNMS
* Understanding common network technologies such as VLANs, NAT, BGP, OSPF, routing, SNMP, and the IP protocol
* Development Experience within ServiceNow
* Experience with Network Intent Validation
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. - provided by Dice