Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critica...
Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Duties & Responsibilities
MSC is searching for a Python/Django Developer to join our team supporting our client at the National Institutes of Health, (NIH), in Bethesda, MD (when it is safe to return to campus).
- Applicant MUST have two solid years of Django application development.
- Applicant MUST have solid knowledge of Python.
- Solid knowledge of the principles of class-based object-oriented programming.
- Solid knowledge of standard web technology (HTTP, HTTPS, HTML5, client/server model)
- Two years of issue management via a ticketing system (JIRA, Trac, etc.).
- Two years use of software control management.
- Solid communication skills.
- General understanding of cloud concepts (server instances, code deployment, role-based authentication)
- Experience with Git and the Gitflow workflow.
- Experience reading SQL.
- Experience using RDMS.
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment environment.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience using the basic components of the AWS environment (EC2, Bastion, RDS, S3)
Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.