The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) is part of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the National Institutes of Hea...
The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) is part of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). NCBI offers an intellectually stimulating environment where the world's top scientists, skilled software developers, and others work together to solve challenging problems and literally help to accelerate cures for diseases! NCBI is the world's premier biomedical center, providing over 6 million users each day with research, clinical, genetic, and other information that directly impacts biomedical research and public health. NCBI's wide range of applications, platforms (node, python, Django, C++, you name it) and environments (big data [petabytes], machine learning, multiple clouds) serve more users than almost any other US Government Agency, according to
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and maintain robust, performant, user-facing web applications in Python/Django
- Develop, create, and ship new functionality for user interaction and scientific data backend, using modern APIs and frameworks
- Develop and maintain test suites, monitor applications for performance, security and accessibility compliance
- Work as an integral part of an agile product team to deliver an unbelievably great user experience
- Deliver responsive, accessible, mobile-friendly code of high quality (automated test/build/deploy)
- Contribute to code development standards, code reviews, and team process improvements
- BS in Computer Science or scientific field (engineering, physics), or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Full Stack Web applications development
- Proficient with one of the current languages: Python, C++, Kotlin, Java, etc.
- Experience with relational database modeling and data migration
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Experience with version control systems like Git or SVN
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and team player
- Experience developing Django web applications and services
- Experience using web services and RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with search engines and backends (Lucene, Solr)
- Automated regression testing with Selenium
- Experience with agile development processes
- Excellent teamwork, communication and collaboration skills
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.