We're looking for a world-class Python Engineer to join the High5 community. Those who join will have the opportunity to support the scale a...
We're looking for a world-class Python Engineer to join the High5 community. Those who join will have the opportunity to support the scale and complexity of the fast-growing technology organizations in the world.
About the position:
· As a Software Engineer II you should be able to understand the basic concepts of digital contracting as well as the wider business context, and how your role relates to other roles and to the business
· You come with solutions and not just problems where you propose and discuss solutions to technical problems and strive for continuous improvement
· Identify and respond to complex issues and deliverables and determine when issues should be escalated
· Work closely with lead and senior engineers debugging technical issues, assess impact and provide plan to remediate and fix issues
· The ideal candidate embraces change, thrives from empowerment, enjoys working independently without frequent direction and feedback from others
· Works well with lead and senior engineers injecting their ideas into the decision-making process
· A self-starter who can effectively plan, schedule, and monitor their own work within sprint iterations
· Takes the initiative in continuously identifying and pursuing personal development opportunities
· You possess excellent communication skills where you can articulate the problem, the plan and the ask
· Puts a premium on quality code
· You embrace the spirit of agile, iterative value delivery
· Questions status quo and strives for continuous improvements
· Uses a combination of technology, process and people skills to help teams solve problems
· Security is never an after though, you think about non-functional requirements at every step
· Actively participates design discussions and code reviews
· Bachelor's Degree; preferably in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and 3 years' experience OR 7 years relevant experience.
· Hands-on experience primarily in Python, Django, SQL Alchemy, React, Mongo and Oracle with a spattering of .Net, the ideal candidate is a polyglot for whom programming language is not a barrier
· Has experience in utilizing CI/CD pipelines
· Working knowledge of application containerization concepts
· developing and maintaining them
· AWS experience a plus