One of Chicago's premier IoT companies, working on enhancing commuter travel experiences, is hiring long term contractors with a possibility...
One of Chicago's premier IoT companies, working on enhancing commuter travel experiences, is hiring long term contractors with a possibility for fulltime placement after the contract period ends.
The company hosts a Python Microservices environment on the server-side portion of the web application. The web application is aimed at taking an outdated travel industry infrastructure and modernizing it using IoT nodes to allow for maximum commuter accessibility.
All in all, it's a great opportunity to expand your breadth of knowledge working with Python and data services, in an innovative industry, on a long-term project. If you're comfortable working with Python, data streaming/warehousing, all in an AWS environment, send us your resume and I can give you more details.
Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- ~3 years of Python
- Around a year's worth of experience working with Microservices
- Comfortable working in a cloud hosted environment using AWS or GCP
- Experience working with Apache tools (ideally, Spark and/or Kafka)
- Interested in getting more involved with Data streaming and infrastructure in general
What You Will Be Doing
- Involvement with CI/CD pipelines, Configuration management, or containerization is a plus
- Exposure to multiple tech stacks is a plus
- Embedded IoT experience is a plus
- 75% server-side development
- 25% data services
Daily Responsibilities The Offer
- Competitive Pay: Up to $50-60/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 3 Months +
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. - provided by Dice