The position of Senior Software Engineer within the IS organization will be key team member leading the design, development, troubleshooting...
The position of Senior Software Engineer within the IS organization will be key team member leading the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software, as well as assisting with production/ deployment support for applications, tools, cloud services, etc.
As a senior member of our client's software engineering team, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging, or designing of enterprise software applications or operating systems.
You will provide technical and thought leadership to other software developers and will design and implement changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel.
Your Skills and Experiences
5+ years progressive experience requiring:
· Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies
· Strong background in programming, experienced in troubleshooting and contributing to large, dynamic codebases
· Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in following computer languages and technologies:
o Python within an enterprise environment
· Strong knowledge of HTML technologies and web frameworks such as:
o Django 3+ years
§ Backend operations, modeling, schemas, managers, management commands, etc.
§ Extensive experience with backend management through the Django framework
§ Frontend and backend development experience
· Experience with database design, development, creation, and maintenance
o Experience with MySQL
§ Understanding of best practices, efficient query structuring (3+ years' experience)
· Strong in GNU + Linux OS and command line operations
· Git - medium to advanced experience
o Familiarity with management and CI/CD through interfaces like GitLab, Jira, etc.
· API development (implementing and communicating for remote services)
· AWS/ Google Cloud Platform/ Microsoft Azure - familiarity with cloud infrastructure
· Leadership: not only at the team level, but also at the individual level - having the confidence and competence to make decisions and demonstrate leadership without title
· Communication: understand and express ideas/ solutions clearly and completely
· Focus: an absolute focus on product delivery and working under defined timelines
· Collaboration: teamwork with a positive approach to ambiguity
· Technical Knowledge: broad and deep technical knowledge
· Problem Solving: Ability to quickly identify, prioritize and collaborate to solve complex issues