Based in Mountain View, CA, this data-focused startup uses their administration/monitoring application to provide engineering solutions to F...
Based in Mountain View, CA, this data-focused startup uses their administration/monitoring application to provide engineering solutions to Fortune 50 companies. They are looking for a Python developer to join their engineering team that can refactor their legacy code into a modern, scalable codebase.
As their developer of data intensive applications, you will have the opportunity to utilize big data and streaming tools like ZeroMQ, Kafka, and RabbitMQ. This engineer will also aid in their selection, implementation, and migration of their NoSQL database, using Python. Handling their database optimization, this engineer will have the opportunity to wear multiple hats and grow their skillset.
Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ Years of Software Engineering experience
- High proficiency using Python
- Expertise in NoSQL databases
- Proficiency using Kafka, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, or other streaming/data tools
- Familiarity with cloud servers
What You Will Be Doing
- Cloud computing
- Previous work migrating from Perl
- A solid understanding of network communications technology, TCP/IP, HTTP, RPC, REST
- Experience with data/data tools
- 65% Python Development
- 35% Database optimization
- Up to $175K/year
- Health and Medical coverage
- PTO Plan
- Semi annual company retreats
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. - provided by Dice