Genesis10 is currently seeking an Python Hadoop Programmer with our client in the financial industry in their Charlotte, NC location. This i...
Genesis10 is currently seeking an Python Hadoop Programmer with our client in the financial industry in their Charlotte, NC location. This is a 12 month + contract position.
- This role will be responsible for hands-on application development to support the current and target process, as well as partnering with the multiple Technology teams to implement the target architecture and migration to strategic platform
- Typically requires 10+ years of applicable experience
- 5+ years of experience in Python development experience is a must
- 3+ years of experience in big data technologies like Spark, Hadoop
- 2+ years of SQL programming experience preferably with databases such as Oracle Exadata Knowledge of performance tuning data intensive applications
- Expertise in performance profiling, ability to identify performance improvements and memory optimizations
- Strong coding, debugging, and analytical skills
- Experience in large scale enterprise application implementation
- Creative individual with a track record of working on and implementing innovative tech based solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work as a W2 employee of Genesis10 (no Corp-to-Corp)
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
- Degree from outstanding university
- Background in capital calculations
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or any quantitative discipline
- Knowledge and/or experience working within the Hadoop or other big data distributed ecosystem
- Knowledge of cloud computing or distributed computing
- 2+ years of Java development is preferred
- Experience working with agile methodologies and SDLC processes would be preferred
- 1+ years of UNIX scripting experience and unit test mock frameworks would be preferred
- Experience in Quartz (Internal bank platform) would be preferred but optional
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement - project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at . "Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V"