Geomagical Labs is crafting advanced AI algorithms into exciting consumer experiences for a well-known and beloved global brand, with hundre...
Geomagical Labs is crafting advanced AI algorithms into exciting consumer experiences for a well-known and beloved global brand, with hundreds of millions of users.
We have an opening for a high-impact Python backend lead engineer who is excited to help organize and lead a team to build cloud services, APIs, data pipelines and tools for mass-scale, AI-powered, consumer apps. This could be a great opportunity for an ambitious, hands-on, backend engineer with strong systems architecture skills and interests in mass-scale platforms, backend infrastructure, performance engineering, data analytics and machine learning.
- Organize and lead a small team of backend platform engineers --- guiding the architecture, planning & tracking the team's projects and defining roadmaps.
- Design and develop reliable and high-performance backend APIs to power our customer facing services.
- Create internal applications and tools to support the company's engineering teams
- Benchmark and optimize performance of key APIs, microservices, and databases.
- Build infrastructure to measure, monitor, and enhance our real-time AI and service pipelines and key business analytics.
- Mentor and develop engineers within the Platform Engineering team as well as serving as an engineering bar-raiser across company-wide engineering organizations.
- Interface with other teams in the IKEA family to integrate our capabilities into new IKEA websites and services.
- Track record of successful backend systems design & architecture.
- Emotionally-intelligent leadership skills -- able to lead through respect & example.
- Strong expertise in Python in Linux environments (Python super hackers desired).
- Experience with network object storage like Google Cloud Storage or S3.
- Experience with Docker containerized development & deployment.
- Thorough understanding of Git development workflows and branching.
- Proficiency with SQL (especially PostgreSQL).
- Experience planning sprints and coordinating within and between teams.
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Remote work is OK, but must be able to work most of a Pacific Time work day.
- Experience with Kubernetes strongly desired.
- Experience with Prometheus and log-based analytics systems desired.
- Experience with Django web development desired.
- Experience with Node.js desired.
- Experience with task/message queues and job scheduling systems (e.g. Celery, RabbitMQ, Airflow, Dagster, etc.) desired.
- Excellent health & retirement benefits. Full medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Strong people-first culture with generous PTO, a focus on improving each other, and an actively shaped team culture to ensure a happy and healthy working environment for all.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic R&D team of successful serial entrepreneurs, software developers, computer vision & AI researchers, AR & graphics engineers.
- Headquarters located in downtown Mountain View, California --- an easy walk from restaurants, coffee, the Stevens Creek Trail, and Caltrain commuter rail.
- Location is flexible - you are able to work from any location, as long as you have reliable internet access and can work most hours of a Pacific Time work day.