Seeking a driven and highly analytical Software Engineer to focus on Python. You will be working closely with the Data Science and Deal team...
Seeking a driven and highly analytical Software Engineer to focus on Python. You will be working closely with the Data Science and Deal team to build financial data products using the latest technology.
The right candidate will need to operate independently and flexibly, identifying opportunities for building data pipelines and products, as well as responding rapidly to ad hoc requests. Logical, linear thinking, and an ability to communicate rationale for analysis and defense of results will be important.
- Perform Python/Pandas programming to maintain and enhance data products
- Manage existing python and SQL scripts to validate and structure incoming datasets
- Execute projects end-to-end, starting with problem formulation, solution architecture, as well as product implementation and integration
- Implement the outcomes as real time data products to elevate the company's ability to provide enhanced pricing and forecasting for mortality-based assets
- Be able to recommend the best yet simplest solution for distinct software development problems
- Gather open source and third-party data sources to engineer relevant features for modeling
- Perform ad-hoc analytics to support ongoing deals and business needs
- Degree Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field, Master's or PhD ideal.
- 5+ years with object-oriented programming and Data Modeling with an emphasis on Python Programming (File System, Exception Handling, Generators, Iterators, etc.)
- Experience with the development of Python Panda libraries and strong model tuning experience
- Solid understanding and experience with SQL fundamentals
- Experience deploying microservices using RESTful APIs and Docker
- Experience with the web software development environment, through protocols (HTTP, AMQP, etc.) and paradigms (REST) to databases (SQL and NoSQL) and microservices architecture.
- Knowledge of problem solving, algorithm design and model building
- Knowledge of building a variety of classification and clustering algorithms using Python libraries
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, design patterns. Recognize opportunities to enhance the codebase on demand by refactoring and applying best practices
- Familiarity with test pyramid strategies. Have expertise with automated tests with diverse granularly (unit, component, and service tests) to deliver sophisticated quality data products
- Familiarity with Distributed Version Control Systems (Git, GitHub/GitLab)
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to communicate clearly the pros/cons of the approach taken