BookTrolls is looking to hire top-notch developers to help fuel our rapid expansion. This will not just be a software integration/...
BookTrolls is looking to hire top-notch developers to help fuel our rapid expansion. This will not just be a software integration/automation position. We write enterprise-class TCP/IP servers and large, performant back-end applications. We write software for a wide range of business applications for internal users; and both our culture and our development model are pretty informal. Hours are flexible. Our software team is small, fast, flexible, and growing; and we offer a greater degree of creative control and project ownership than you'll find at "big" software companies. Plus, you can ride the forklift. This position is ideal for an ambitious, energetic self-starter with a mastery of Python and/or Perl.
We offer a 401(k) with 100% match of up to 4% of salary, with immediate vesting, plus medical and dental. Visa sponsorship available. Partial telecommute is available after your first 6 months and increases with seniority and performance. We offer relocation assistance to Houston. Starting salary is $110K for the mid-level position.
- Work with warehouse managers to gather requirements, design, implement, and enhance the software that runs every department
- Heavy client/server programming, from simple web scripts to massively multi-threaded custom TCP/IP servers
- Data warehousing, revenue analysis, and reporting
- Develop secure web services to interface with our partner businesses
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Thoroughly fluent in Python and/or Perl; preferably writing more than just "glue" scripts
- Fluent in object-oriented design
- Fluent in regular expressions
- Basic Linux command line skills (file manipulation, editors, grep, etc)
- Excellent code documentation skills
- There is no minimum requirement of work experience or education. We care about (and will heavily test) your skill, not your pedigree.
Preferable Job Qualifications:
- Multi-threading experience, including deadlocks, race conditions, etc
Our codebase is currently mostly Perl, but we plan to add much more Python. We also use a bit of C++ for our most performance-critical components. Those with excellent skills in either Python or Perl are eligible for this position. If you are adept at only one of these, then you will become adept at the other by learning on the job.
About Our Company
We are one of the largest independent booksellers on the Amazon and eBay marketplaces, among other online marketplaces. Headquartered in Houston, we sell purely online and ship from four warehouses around the world. We started in a garage in 2006 and have since expanded to 150 employees globally. Our main competitive advantage is our in-house software, which runs every aspect of our business and possesses capabilities unseen in our industry. Most of our competitors run their companies off shrink-wrapped 3rd-party vendor software -- and it shows. We are not a software company, but software is at the core of what we do.
- provided by Dice