Python Quant Developer / Analyst
BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Python Quant Developer / Analyst in Tampa, FL / Irving, TX...
Python Quant Developer / Analyst
BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Python Quant Developer / Analyst in Tampa, FL / Irving, TX / Jersey City, NJ / Mississauga, ON
We place consultants for end clients all over USA.
Job Title: Python Quant Developer / Analyst
Location: Tampa, FL / Irving, TX / Jersey City, NJ / Mississauga, ON
Expected Duration: 1 Year Contract
Risk Technology is looking for a Python quant developer/analyst. The candidate will help develop advanced scenario generation and valuation models for Counterparty Credit Risk Management. The role requires excellent communication skills, strong analytical problem solving abilities, solid academic background and fundamental programming skills. Knowledge of financial products and markets is essential to succeed in this role.
The Consultant will be responsible for
* Design and implement scenario and stress-testing software services
* Develop expertise in the firm's standard quantitative framework
* Manage multiple tasks effectively and independently to meet deadlines
* Advanced degree (MS or equivalent) in a quantitative field such as Math, Statistics, Physics, Computational Finance, Engineering, Computer Science
* Minimum of 6 years of software development experience, which doesn't all have to be in Python
* 3+ recent years of hands-on software development experience in Python (expert programmer)
* Familiarity with OTC Product space - knowledge of fundamental traded products, valuation methodologies, market data, basic risk management concepts
* Strong experience developing software on Linux; standard unix tools, such as make, bash scripting, git
* Some source control, e.g. git
* Able to communicate and interact effectively with technical counterparts in IT and the firm quant group
* Well-organized, and able to meet delivery commitments
* Experience using standard Python libraries such as pandas, numpy, flask
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
"We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration."
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 124286 when responding to this ad.