My client is a leading global provider of legal, regulatory and business information and analytics that help customers incr...
My client is a leading global provider of legal, regulatory and business information and analytics that help customers increase productivity, improve decision-making and outcomes, and advance the rule of law around the world.
They help lawyers win cases, manage their work more efficiently, serve their clients better and grow their practices. They assist corporations in better understanding their markets, monitoring their brands and competition, and in mitigating business risk. They partner with leading global associations and customers to collect evidence against war criminals and provide tools to combat human trafficking. Currently, they are looking to bring a Python SDET for a 12 month contract.
Required Skills & Experience
- Primary focus will be on QA test automation.
- Will define a test automation strategy for new data pipelines or modify existing strategy to expand QA coverage of an existing pipeline.
- Create data pipeline, specific input datasets, and expected datasets to implement QA automation.
- Advanced Python scripting skills are must. For example, ability to work with ease using various data formats such as CSV, JSON, XML in Python and create modular/re-usable code. Should be able to write OO code and understand list comprehensions in Python.
- Comfortable working in Linux environment with bash, grep, awk, ssh, xargs etc.
- Critically think about corner cases in data pipelines and create test cases to simulate those conditions. Should understand the significance of test coverage. Should understand fault injection.
- Understands the problems associated with processing large datasets (10's of TB) and is conceptually familiar with technologies available to solve those problems.
- Not expected to know Hadoop or Spark but would-be a plus.
- Competitive Pay: Up to $100/hr, DOE
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. - provided by Dice