Our client is a large and well established quantitative hedge fund based in Los Angeles, CA seeking a strong software engineer to join their...
Our client is a large and well established quantitative hedge fund based in Los Angeles, CA seeking a strong software engineer to join their growing team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining modern APIs, web applications, and backend databases that further develop the technology infrastructure.
- 3+ years experience with experience in Python programming
- Experience developing pipelines and libraries to retrieve data and perform computation
- Creating front-end applications to interact with data to innovate the next level of analytics systems
- Develop performant Python packages that enhance productivity of quantitative researchers
- Devops experience and mindset is a big plus.
- Build modern containerized apps using Angular, Python, SQL Server, and Docker in a hybrid cloud environment
- Financial experience is preferred but not strictly necessary
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, etc
- Strong communication skills - must be able to interface with analysts/traders/PMs, etc
- Familiar with best practices in software development
- Familiarity with algorithms and data structures
- Strong foundational skills in object-oriented design, performance tuning, common design patterns and bash/shell scripting
- Expert level programing skills in Python and proficient with Angular
- Intermediate relational database dev experience: Microsoft SQL Server preferred