A hedge fund with tech driven projects to implement data driven decision making is hiring a data engineer with strong Python OOP skills and ...
A hedge fund with tech driven projects to implement data driven decision making is hiring a data engineer with strong Python OOP skills and strong SQL skills to join the team.
In this position you will be responsible for data pipelines for Excel based models migrating to Python and SQL. This position also involves Pandas use on a day to day.
This is an exciting challenge within a growing company, a senior team, and impact company performance with solutions.
This company is located in Irvine, California and open to hiring from any California based locations. This position does not offer sponsorship, candidates must be authorized to work now and in the future.
Required Skills & Experience
What You Will Be Doing
- 3+ years of backend Python Programming
- experience building Data pipelines from scratch
- strong fundamental and production level SQL skills
- core understanding of relational databases
- experience with migration to AWS
- Experience with Pandas, numpy, Scki-kit learn
- Experience with AWS
- Build and manage financial models (valuation, monte carlo, etc.) for life settlement portfolios in Python
- Manage the entire project development life cycle from requirements gathering, developing, testing, deployment, enhancements
- Analyze and convert advanced Excel files (VBA, index/match, sumproduct) into production level code
- Investigate bugs and reconcile differences between models
- Explain model changes to a non-technical business audience
- Competitive Salary: Up to $150K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Remote options/capabilities
- provided by Dice