Python Tech Lead
As a Tech Lead of Actuarial IT, you will be accountable for architecting and optimizing systems used to ingest a...
Python Tech Lead
As a Tech Lead of Actuarial IT, you will be accountable for architecting and optimizing systems used to ingest and transform data consumed by Actuarial, Risk, and Finance areas. This position is considered the top technical expert within the team and will participate in the design, integration, security, testing, and operation of critical business systems. Successful candidates will have a proven track record for delivering software solutions that conform to stringent design and coding standards, will have deep hands-on coding experience, and will be comfortable leading and mentoring others.
- Provide holistic technical leadership across all areas of Actuarial IT, with a focus on delivering information that is timely, accurate, reconciled, and complete.
- Analyze incidents and problems related to current processes and implement solutions.
- Assist in the development of internal policies and procedures (standards, controls and metrics) as a member of our Tech Lead Community of Practice.
- Collaborate with Architecture and Technical Services team on solution design and delivery.
- Coordinate project work for technical team members.
- Design and maintain data quality checks, including code inspections, unit testing, regression testing and documentation.
- Document software architecture and flows.
- Mentor and coach Developers, ensuring compliance with technology standards and best practices.
- Participate in the definition, development and documentation of software's requirements, objectives, and specifications for each project involving the Actuarial IT team.
- Participates in the design, development and testing of solutions.
- Participate in the operation of products and solutions provided by the application team, including monitoring and on-call support.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 6+ years of development experience using Python and relational databases.
- 6+ years of experience coding SQL with proven experience of optimizing SQL.
- 4+ years of using DevOps tools like Jenkins.
- Experience with Agile Scrum development methodologies.
- Experience with AWS cloud platform highly preferred.
- Background in Insurance and/or Actuarial Science is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or equivalent professional experience.
NOTE: Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment background check.
- provided by Dice