• Provide holistic technical leadership across all areas of Actuarial IT, with a focus on delivering information that is t...
• Provide holistic technical leadership across all areas of Actuarial IT, with a focus on delivering information that is timely, accurate, reconciled, and complete.
• Analyze incidents and problems related to current processes and implement solutions.
• Collaborate with Architecture and Technical Services team on solution design and delivery.
• Coordinate project work for technical team members.
• Design and maintain data quality checks, including code inspections, unit testing, regression testing and documentation.
• Document software architecture and flows.
• Mentor and coach Developers, ensuring compliance with technology standards and best practices.
• Participate in the definition, development and documentation of software's requirements, objectives, and specifications for each project involving the Actuarial IT team.
• Participates in the design, development and testing of solutions.
• Participate in the operation of products and solutions provided by the application team, including monitoring and on-call support.
Qualifications and Experience:
• 6+ years of development experience using Python and relational databases.
• 6+ years of experience coding SQL with proven experience of optimizing SQL.
• 4+ years of using DevOps tools like Jenkins.
• Experience with Agile Scrum development methodologies.
• Experience with AWS cloud platform highly preferred.
• Background in Insurance and/or Actuarial Science is preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or equivalent professional experience.
- provided by Dice